¶ 614. Apportionments-The council shall recommend to the annual conference for its action and determination the methods or formulas by which the approved budgeted amounts for clergy support, administration, World Service, Conference Benevolences, and other apportioned causes (¶¶ 613.1-.4) shall be apportioned to the districts, churches, or charges of the conference.63
1. The council, on receiving from the General Council on Finance and Administration a statement of the amount apportioned to the annual conference for the several general funds authorized by the General Conference, shall apportion the same to the several districts, charges, or churches by whatever method the conference may direct, but without reduction.
2. The council shall recommend to the annual conference for
its action and determination whether the apportionments referred to in this paragraph shall be made by the council to the districts only or to the churches or charges of the conference. If the apportionments are made to the districts only, then the distribution to the churches or charges of each district shall be made as provided in ¶ 614.3. The conference may order that the district superintendents make the entire distribution to all the churches or charges of the conference.
3. Should the annual conference make the apportionments to the districts only, the distribution to the churches or charges of each district shall be made by its district board of stewards, composed of the district superintendent as chairperson and the district stewards elected by the several charge conferences (¶ 247.14). In that case, the board, meeting on call of the district superintendent as soon as practicable after the adjournment of the annual conference, shall make the distribution to the churches or charges of the district using such methods as it may determine, unless the annual conference shall have determined the method of distribution to the churches or charges.
4. If the council recommends an apportioned fund that combines two or more general apportioned funds with one another, or that combines one or more general apportioned funds with funds other than a general apportioned fund, the recommendation and consequent annual conference actions shall include: (1) a statement of the amount of each general fund apportionment included in the combined fund, and (2) a statement of the percentage of the combined fund total that corresponds to each general fund apportionment.
5. If an annual conference establishes an apportioned fund that combines funds subject to proportional payment under ¶ 621 with funds not subject to proportional payment, it shall establish procedures to ensure that the proportional payment provisions of ¶ 621 are observed.
6. If an annual conference establishes an apportioned fund that combines support for several distinct causes, it shall make available to local churches information identifying the causes supported by the fund.
63. See Judicial Council Decision 983.