¶ 421. Supervision-1. To work with elders, deacons, local pastors, diaconal ministers, and charge conferences in formulating statements of purpose for congregations in fulfilling their mission and with committees on pastor-parish relations to clarify the priorities for the ministry of clergy and diaconal ministers.
2. To establish a clearly understood process of supervision for clergy of the district, including observation of all aspects of ministry, direct evaluation, and feedback to the clergy involved.
3. To consult with committees on pastor-parish relations to update their profiles for appointment in accordance with ¶ 432.1 and with pastors to update their profiles for appointment in accordance with ¶ 432.2.17
4. To make specific provision for the supervision of probationary members and local pastors appointed within the district.
5. To receive annually from each clergyperson a report of his or her program of continuing education and spiritual growth, to give counsel concerning future plans, and to encourage congregations to give time and financial support for such programs.
a) To make specific provision for the support and supervision of certified lay ministers or other laity assigned within the district.
17. See Judicial Council Decision 701.