¶ 27. Article V.-The jurisdictional conferences shall have the following powers and duties and such others as may be conferred by the General Conferences:
1. To promote the evangelistic, educational, missionary, and benevolent interests of the Church and to provide for interests and institutions within their boundaries.48
2. To elect bishops and to cooperate in carrying out such plans for their support as may be determined by the General Conference.
3. To establish and constitute jurisdictional conference boards as auxiliary to the general boards of the Church as the need may appear and to choose their representatives on the general boards in such manner as the General Conference may determine.49
4. To determine the boundaries of their annual conferences; provided that there shall be no annual conference with a membership of fewer than fifty clergy in full connection, except by the consent of the General Conference; and provided further that this provisiion shall not apply to annual conferences of the former Evangelical United Brethren Church during the first three quadrenniums after union.50
5. To make rules and regulations for the administration of the work of the Church within the jurisdiction, subject to such powers as have been or shall be vested in the General Conference.
6. To appoint a committee on appeals to hear and determine the appeal of a traveling preacher of that jurisdiction from the decision of a trial committee.
48. See Judicial Council Decision 67.
49. See Judicial Council Decision 183.
50. See Judicial Council Decision 447.